7.14.2008

I have so many thoughts and feelings running through me right now. As you can probably tell, I'm SUPER tight with my AMAZING family! I love them all soooooo much and, I hope they all know this, but I'd do anything in the world for any one of them. I am who I am today because of the influences & examples they have been to me in my life. I love all that I've shared with them and the MANY MANY fun memories we have made over the years.

Today particularly I want to focus on Chel. Why? Because she is moving to Seattle, WA. That's right, up and leaving. What's up with that? How could she do such a thing? Especially with only a weeks notice. Not quite sure how I feel about the whole thing. A week hasn't given me the time for it to sink in and because of that, I haven't been able to sort my own feelings about the situation. So here I go, sorting my feelings:

First of all, for so long, pretty much the whole time I lived at home Chel was my spiritual "rock." She seemed to understand even the most difficult of concepts of the Gospel. She was a true scriptorian. She had and shared the most beautiful of testimonies. I often found myself wishing that I had the type of relationship with my Savior that she had. I strived for that. Because of her testimony and example, my own testimony grew.

She loves the outdoors. I don't think I know anyone who is an "outdoor lover" like my sis. You name ANY outdoor activity and she has most likely tried it at least once and is probably an expert at it. Hiking, camping, rock-climbing, kyaking, biking, back-packing, and the list goes on and on. I can't honestly say that her LOVE for this type of stuff has overflowed onto my tastes (I wish it had), but I admire her for the appreciation and love she has for the beauty all around us.

Chelsea loves adventure. When she was a junior (?) in High School, she went to South America on a humanitarian mission. She loved the people and the experience so much that she did it again a couple years later. That alone speaks volumes about Chel. On a slightly different note, not too long after she graduated High School, she back-packed around Europe BY HERSELF! What girl does that? Especially at 18. Chel, that's who. Hello, she is moving to Seattle with NO job and NO permanent place to live!! She tells us to give her 2 weeks. She has done any and every "thrilling" thing she could get her hands on. Partly because of her, I, the one who is more afraid of heights than humanly possible, went skydiving. WHAT? It's true.

Chel loves her family, especially her bro's. Chel has always been the "fun" sister to our 2 adorable younger brothers. I always admired her for the fun things she did with them. She NEVER missed a sporting event they were in. Not only was she always there, but I think it's safe to say that she was a 2nd coach to them. She gave advice and tips and made them better athletes. Chel has always been Tol's favorite "Auntie." Sorry Jess and Kate. She loves that kid so much and I love watching Tol's face light up when he sees his Auntie Chel or hears that she is coming down from Logan. She has the energy with him that I wish I had. She loves all of her family so much and takes a genuine interest in each and every one of us.

She ROCKS at basketball. She can out-shoot anyone.

She's a BABE-fest. Have you seen that smile?

She loves life. Motorcycle ride, anyone?

She helps anyone in need.

She is selfless.

She is simple.

She is smart.

She is ambitious.

She's a hard-worker.

Above all, to me she is MY sister!

I'm acting like this is "Good-Bye." I know it's not. I'm super excited for her and this new chapter in her life, and for the new adventures this move will bring. I realize that this is a good thing for Chel and because of that, I 100% support her.

I love you, Chel and I'm gonna miss you!

Bon Voyage!

6 comments:

the bates motel said...

such a cute tribute to your sis! i miss mine and she's only in ut! i love that your addicted to bloggin too! it's so fun and i feel like it helps stay connected! love that.

Kristen said...

Oh sad. Why is she moving to Seattle so suddenly? She is an amazing person! I love Chel too!

Kristen said...

p.s. I am glad you have your license! It must have been a very late night for you when you made that post. If I had been up with you I'm sure I would have thought it was hilarious too!

Brandt & Kriste said...

What a great post. I even got emotional and I don't remember the last time that I even saw Chel. She is so great and so cute and I wish her the best. It is always fun hearing about all of her great adventures.

sorensenpower said...

Chelsea is awesome! Utah will be less awesome without her. Thanks for making Utah a better place!

Come back.

kristi and family said...

jami.. you are so so sweet and it is awesome you have such an awesome family... good luck to chel!!!