8.03.2009

PIONEER DAY

We had a FABULOUS PIONEER DAY this year. We started it out with a little BEACH TIME with my parents and Curt. Dave was working (boo!) so it was just the 6 of us.


My kiddos can't get enough of the beach. Tol swims around and Ad loves to play in the sand.


Addi, my Pops and Curt. My Dad is training for a triathlon (I know-crazy) so he spent the day swimming laps in the lake with his flashy goggles. My Mom wore shorts and a polo to the lake not thinking she would get in. Well, she decided to get in- clothes and all. And Curt- to say he was embarassed by his crazy parents would be an understatement.


My parents RULE! My mom is trying to hide behind my dad. But I was too quick on the draw.

That night we had our own NEIGHBORHOOD OF FIRE. It has been a Nelson tradition for as long as I can remember to go to Liberty Park to watch the fireworks, but we broke tradish this year and stayed home and did our own. Jess (when it was too late) reminded me that this is our last PIONEER DAY in Utah for a while and we should have gone with the fam. That was kindof sad to think about. But we had a FUN night with just the 4 of us and didn't regret staying home.

The kids favorite was the snakes or worms or whatever those thingys are called. Dave is embarassed by his black socks in this pic- he just got off work. Remember he's part girl so he cares about stuff like that. And here's me and the munchkins watching the show.

Addi thought the fireworks were super loud. During the very last firework she decided to unplug her ears. And this is her with her *SPARKLER* She was extremely hesitant about the whole thing.

And last but not least, here's Tol and Dave with their *SPARKLERS* and Dave being the TIKI MON. TIKI MON was our finale firework and it did not disappoint.

Until next year... wait-will it be weird if we celebrate PIONEER DAY in Minnesota? (and why is this sentence underlined? I can't figure out how I did that so now I can't UNdo it. O-well).

3 comments:

Scarlett said...

Cute pics! Looks like you had a way fun day!

Brandt & Kriste said...

I can't believe your dad is training for a triathalon. That is awesome. Ya weird that Pioneer Day will be a little different out there.

Chelsea Nelson said...

That picture of Addi holding her ears is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen!