8.09.2009

Day on the lake

Dave had the afternoon off work, so we took advantage and took the boat out. Dave and I LOVE being on the boat and luckily our kiddos do, too.


Tol's favorite part of boating is driving the boat (of course), and Addi's favorite part is swinging 'like a monkey' between these 2 bars.


Cute little Addi Belle


Me and the kiddos.


Me and the little man taking a swim.


Dave and I love Utah lake. In fact, we spent almost the whole summer on that lake the summer before we got married. Dave lured me in by telling me that he loved my eyes and that they were the color of Utah Lake. To some, that might come as an insult cause Utah Lake has the reputation for being gross and murky. But, Dave loves the color of it and always admires it. So I'll take it as a compliment.
Anyway, with all the wonderful things Utah Lake has to offer, there IS a downside to it and that is it's SUPER shallow. Tol was driving us around so we weren't paying attention to the depth finder. OOPS! This pic is of Dave getting us out of the mess. He is full on touching the bottom! Luckily, no damage to the prop.


The moon looked amazing as the sun was setting! This pic doesn't do it justice, but it still looks pretty.

Even with Dave's crazy schedule, we have made it a priority to do something fun with the family EVERY chance we get. I love spending time with my crazy little family!

2 comments:

Rachel Lovato said...

What a sweet post! I love it! It is still crazy to me that we are moms with families! But it is sure great!

Trace said...

I am with Tol in regard to driving the boat. And Jam, you DO have beautiful eyes. Am I luring you in????