12.20.2010

I'll be home for Christmas

part I...

 We were able to go home to Utah for Christmas and it was FABULOUS! The kids and I were there for about 2 weeks and Dave met us there for 1. 
The day we flew out we left our house around 7:30 am to catch the Rochester to Minneapolis shuttle.  Carolyn (along with her kids) was our shuttle to the shuttle. How nice was that? I think Tol was more excited to ride on a 'real' shuttle bus than the airplane. After we'd been on the shuttle for about 3 minutes, and it's a 70 minute ride, Addison asked if we were at Grandma's yet.  OH BOY! This was going to be a looong day of travel. I'd never flown alone with my 2 kids before and hoped it would be a good experience.  Thankfully it was. The kids were great! They watched movies, read books, colored pictures and cuddled with their new pillow pets.   
 
My dad picked us up from the airport while my mom was teaching piano.  My parents TOTALLY outdid themselves getting everything ready for us. It was so great to see them! My kids were especially excited to see their GRAMMY!  They didn't care, nor did my mom, that she had a piano student, they ran straight to her and wouldn't leave her side pretty much the entire night.

 
My mom put my FAVORITE treats on my night stand; pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies and Mint m&ms, the kind they only have at Christmas. Man those things are good!  It was nice rolling over the next morning to have breakfast right there in arm's reach. Nothing better than cookies and m&ms for breakfast. The kids were STOKED to see their very own Christmas tree in their room!
That night we ordered pizza, chilled, talked and got caught up. Lee came over for a bit to have some pizza & drop off his truck for us to borrow while we were in town. Tol was so excited to be able to drive "the Ford" while we were there. We have such awesome families!
The next day was mostly spent running a bunch of errands. I worked A LOT in the salon while I was in town and had to pick up a few odds and ends for work the next day. In the midst of the errands we met Kristen and her kids for an Olive Garden lunch and some shopping. SO FUN to see them!
And can I just say that I DO NOT miss Utah traffic. That sounds funny, but it's TRUE! All our errands took much longer than I had anticipated because of the nasty traffic. I love not EVER having to deal with that out here in Rochester.
It was a BLAST to be able to work in the salon again. It was as if I never left. I worked my little tail off!! I worked a little too much, actually. Going from not working (except for here-and-there out of my house) to putting in 12 or 13 hour days- it was A LOT. My body was not a fan. But it was super fun to see so many of my clients and friends and the money was also nice. It definitely made me miss working in the salon and dealing with adults on a regular basis, and at the same time made me grateful that I'm able to stay home with my kids. Bittersweet for sure! I love my salon family and am grateful they are so good to me and let me come and work when I'm in town.  I wish I took some pictures at the salon.  That was dumb of me.

Well there you have it, part I.  Stay tuned for the next installment I like to call "all about parties!" ...

I'm kidding.
But do stay tuned...

No comments: