12.22.2010

Dad's birthday (and another) dinner

 
One of the ONLY good things about having a Christmas Birthday (the 21st) is that THE ENTIRE FAMILY is in town to celebrate YOU!  And when I say 'you,' I mean DAD!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!
We celebrated in style, Dad style, by going to a low-key dinner at one of his favorites, MacCool's.
It was late and we were tired so that turned into some loud and obnoxious behavior (look below) paired with some hilarious conversation that included Nils telling his hypothetical wife, "Sure Honey, go buy a ham!"  We were laughing so hard (it was late, remember?) but it was no big deal because we THOUGHT we were all alone.  That's when our waiter piped in from the corner and said, "In all my years of being a waiter, this is by far the weirdest conversation I've EVER over-heard."

Ladies, he's single!

Ugly face contest.  It's funny because if you didn't know us, these might pass as our real smiles.  Except for my dad's.  I'm laughing right now just looking at my mom's pic.  I think she's the winner.  And Nils, too.

Aren't my parents adore?
Happy Birthday to the best dad a girl could ask for.  Really.  
Love you.
...
 
The next night, Lee took us out to The Spaghetti Factory.  
AH mazithra!  
It's a HUGE blessing that both mine and Dave's families get along so well.  Lee fits right in.  Or shall I say we fit right in with him?  
You get the picture.

2 comments:

Rachel Lovato said...

Thanks for the pics Jami! So cute! I (along with probably EVERYONE they meet) adore them! They were like my parents too and I miss them. I know that even after all this time, if I did see them-they would give me a great big hug and it would be the BEST!!

Middle Age Moments said...

LOLOLOLOL! Whatever Jame! Your pic is hysterical! But everyone says we look alike. Whatever. I'm way more attractive! And Nils. What can I say? I'm so proud of my posterity. Fun Fun Fun times! Thank goodness for my beautiful g- kids!