9.22.2008

The Big 3-0!!!

Happy Birthday, Babe!!!!
Dave has finally started the exciting, yet ambiguous journey called "the 30's."
Some of you may dread a "mile-stone birthday," but Dave and I find ourselves thinking, "FINALLY!"...even though I'm not quite there yet.
As great as the 20's are, they hold A TON of pressure! The 20's is a time of uncertainty, a time you must make life-forming decisions. It is a time when you should start acting as an adult (something COMPLETELY foreign to most). Many get married in their 20's, start a family and a career in their 20's. The decisions made and actions taken in the 20's, in my opinion, impact the rest of one's entire life more than any other era. Like I said, PRESSURE! Maybe those who dread turning 30 didn't do much with their 20's. Maybe not.
Being Dave's 30th and all, I'd like to commend him for a decade's job well done!! He accomplished so much in his 20's. Dave returned honorably from a Japanese mission; married (an AMAZING woman, I might add... hee hee); had 2 adorable and healthy children; graduated from college; followed his dream by applying to, being accepted to and starting medical school (he's mere months away from graduating); bought his first home and most importantly, EXCELLED in every aspect. Mediocre was taken out of Dave's vocab for good in his 20's. Sure, there are things he would take back or do over if he had the chance, but I guess that's all part of the adventure.
I know I've expressed it here before, but I am so proud of Dave for his accomplishments. He is an amazing example to me of hard work, perseverance, dedication, loyalty and balance.
Dave, I love you! I am truly the LUCKIEST woman to be married to you.
Here is to an even more FABULOUS 30's!!!
Last night I had a SURPRISE party for the birthday boy. And boy was he ever surprised... I was surprised by that. I thought for sure I had given it away somehow (good thing he was so pre-occupied with school stuff to notice any hints). Let's just say there was Lot's of good friends (thanks to all who came), food and fun!!!
Birthday hug (w/ Addi in the background wondering what's going on) AND Dave blowing out his 30 candles!
More pics of the cupcake-cake cause it was AWESOME!!!! Thanks to my talented and amazing momma for making this masterpiece.
Party games involved Rock Band, Pin-Pong and Strip Poker.
Westvale Elementary graduates. This picture is classic because on the left is Ben, Dave's BFF since 3rd grade. On the right is Dana, Dave's 3rd grade girlfriend. All still great friends. Go Ghetto Westvale!
And a little more Rock Band. Dave, YOU ROCK!! Happy 30th!!

12 comments:

the bates motel said...

wow what a party! happy bday dave! i always want to do a surprise party, but i swear bren would be too nosy!

sorensenpower said...

Congrats dave! You don't look a day over 25!

Brandt & Kriste said...

Happy Birthday Dave! I am sorry we missed the party. We missed ya. We thought we may be adding another addition to our family. He just keeps on teasing us. I am glad you guys had a good time.

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Dave!!
You are a great wife. I sucked at the whole Blaine-30-B-day.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Dave!! As always, we miss out on the sweet parties, but we'll have a little party of our own in your behalf. Rock the 30's!

J.E. said...

HAPPY B-DAY DAVE! I'm in awe of this cake of cupcakes. . . It's pretty too. I love it! Hear Here on the 30's you couldn't have explained it better, that's what I think.

Trace said...

So much fun Jami! How did I miss the strip poker- I must have been too distracted with strip Rock Band. You are the greatest wife! Everything was so fabulous. I am totally bummed we forgot to take our cupcakes. :(

Unknown said...

My favorite part was when Dave fell to the floor balling his eyes out at the out-pouring of the love and support. He just plain lost it. It was great!

Chelsea Nelson said...

WOW! Mom is great! That cake is freakin sweet! Wish I could have been there!

Marianne said...

Happy b-day Dave! It's kind of a wake-up call that you're seriously aging huh? I'm getting there in less than a month! Ahhhh. Jami - you're an incredible party planner - no surprise.

Amber Burt said...

Happy B-day Dave! I am sorry we missed the party-it looks like it was a blast. I definately would have rocked in Rock Band, and I would have loved to see the Strip Poker (I obviously wouldn't have participated in that)
I hope you had a great one!

kristi and family said...

we are sad we missed the party... it looks awesome... dave is LUCKY to have you....