8.16.2011

First UP, the UP house!

The kids and I were lucky enough to go home to Utah for an entire month this Summer; Dave was able to come out and meet us for a week of that. It was fantastic! We lived it up and squeezed as much Utah Summer into that month as possible.


So the company my dad works for has been in the middle of a HUGE project for the last little while. I had heard all about it along the way from the simple idea to the finishing touches. My dad has been so passionate and pumped about this so it was super exciting for me to see the UP HOUSE in person!


















Isn't the interior BEAUTIFUL?! and this is just a small glimpse.

We felt pretty special getting to have a few of our own personal tours. Tol & Addi wanted to go everyday- sometimes more than once a day. In fact, Tol was so stoked on it that he wore his Grape Soda "Ellie Badge" everyday, wherever he went. It was darling.

The detail that was put into this house was AMAZING- it matched the movie PERFECTLY! But the best part was that it is completely livable. I want this house; it is the perfect combination of functionality and charm. I'd seriously buy it if I could afford it.

The Salt Lake Parade of Homes was going on while we were there so we also got to meet Carl (from the movie)! He was the greeter. Russell wasn't there that day, but his 'Wilderness Explorer Backpack' was. It was hilarious how my kids thought they were the real people. And how Addi was scared that the house would take off at any moment.
 The UP HOUSE was a definite Utah HIGHLIGHT!

1 comment:

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

What an amazing house! That is so neat! Where is it at? The Penske truck makes me laugh! That is too funny! Grant would be in heaven too. He loves trucks and cars I think almost as much as Tol does.