8.19.2011

Water Parks

We discovered Cowabunga Bay WAY too late last Summer. I think we finally went there only a week before we moved to Minnesota- and it was awesome! Needless to say, Cowabunga was on the top of our UT Summer To-Do List. The Bollingers have season passes so they came along.
Since Tolman isn't in any of these pics, they were probably taken while he was M.I.A. for about 2 hours- and that is no joke. Because Dave and I were both there, plus friends, we all figured someone else was with Tol. When we finally put it together we realized that no one had seen him for about 2 hours. The search party began and I'm telling you- Cowabunga is NOT the best place to lose someone (is there ever a good place?). We combed that place over and over for a good 45 minutes- and yes, I was FREAKING OUT- until Dave and Mike finally found him. He was stationed at one of the buckets, dumping water on passers-by. I guess he'd been going down slides and doing his own thing having a great time all by himself. That deserves me Mother Of The Year, right?


The Monday after Dave went back home, my mom took Jess, Nils, the kids and I to Kearns Pool. That place is also pretty dang great! It is the PERFECT place for kids and adults alike. Or people like Nils who can't decide which category he falls under ;) It looks like he was having a little too much fun in the kiddie pools- but he redeemed himself by jumping off the platforms. Jess jumped off the platforms, too. I didn't- too afraid of heights. I know, I know- I did go sky diving but it's different and you won't understand unless you've also gone sky diving (I actually don't understand myself. It was a total out-of-body/mind, "what the HELL?" experience.)
Tol on the other hand doesn't seem to be afraid of anything. He was excited to go on the Low Diving Board, but when I showed him the High-Dive he was ALL OVER IT! No hesitation whatsoever. He jumped off that thing at least 15 times and would have done it all day if we would have let him (he was too little to go on the platforms). Addison decided she wanted to jump off the low dive, but once she got up there she realized it was higher than she thought so she turned around and climbed down. About 10 minutes after that, she got it in her head that she wanted to try again. When Addi gets something in her head, she is DETERMINED and NOTHING will stand in her way. Sure enough, she did it! She didn't really enjoy it, but she at least tried it. That's my Addi- strong willed and determined.



What a FUN day!

1 comment:

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

It looks like you guys kept pretty dang busy the whole time you were out here. So jealous with how much fun you had! I totally discovered the splash parks WAY too late this year with Grant. I couldn't believe how much he LOVED them. Next Summer, once a week I say would be awesome! Miss you guys!