9.24.2010

SERIOUS rainstorm

We had quite the rainstorm a little while back.  It started raining in the early afternoon and didn't stop for over 24 hours.  And when I say rain, I'm talking sheets of rain!  I've never seen so much rain in my life!  Plus the thunder and lightening- Minnesota thunder and lightening is like none I've never experienced.  The thunder is a constant deep rumble with loud bursts every now and then and the lightning is like a super bright strobe light that literally lights up the entire sky.
But anyway, this storm was unreal!  There was flooding all over the city to the point of closed schools and freeways.  And there was an unfortunate amount of flooding in a lot of our friends' homes.  BUMMER!

Dave has always had quite the fascination with Mother Nature.  He tries to experience it as up-close-and-personal as possible.    

 After the first lap.

2nd lap.


 Completely SOAKED.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Ahhh I miss the midwest rain... it is the BEST!