9.26.2010

My mom is HILARIOUS!

A brief explanation is needed.  
My Mom LOVES the book, "Here Be Dragons."  She's actually a bit obsessed. And we have her BF, Connie McBride, to thank.  She got my mom into these types of books.
It got a bit OLD, hearing about this dang book.  It got to the point that hearing the title would send chills down my spine.  
My mom loved to tease me about it.
Dave is much more couth and didn't make fun of my mom to her face, but he did make his HBD stance known.
My mom decided to be SUPER generous and give Dave her most PRIZED possession for his birthday.
 

"HERE 
BE 
DRAGONS"






She included her inner-most feelings about the book.  So thoughtful of her.  It reads:
Dear Dave, 
On this very special day of yours, our gift to you is one of our most prized possessions, Here Be Dragons.  
Some say I suffer from HBDD (Here Be Dragons Disorder), but I am here to testify that I know that the things that are written in this book are true.  I also testify that Llewlyn is the son of, well I don't know who he is the son of.  Most likely Llewly the first.  I also know that you can come to this same knowledge of it's truthfulness by sincere fasting and prayer.  Nevermind, you can just read it and have faith that Sharon Kay Penman did her homework, as I have.  Oh, and Connie as well.
May this book bring you the same joy as it has for me, and that you may gleam from the truths that are written therein.  And that you will be begging me for the next 2 books in this series.  Dream on!
Oh, and I want it back when you're done!
Happy 32nd belated birthday!  This book is so popular that I had to special order it.  I know it looks used, but... um...maybe it was.  Who knows?  Oh yeah, maybe I do.
Love, Ron and Shar 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ty & Em said...

oh my gosh I love your mom!! She is soooo funny!!!

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

That is hilarious!!