8.15.2010

GDI does Park City

The weekend before I headed to MN, my friends and I celebrated (?) my departure.  We decided to use my 'Waldorf  Hook-up' and go there.  I was super excited to stay there again since Dave and I LOVED it.  Thanks Eddie!!

We all piled in Amber's Suburban and headed to Park City, but not before stopping at The Sweet Tooth Fairy for some delectable cake bites, cupcakes and Diet Cokes.  Cupshake Mission Part II was a failure, unfortunately. 

We got up to the hotel, checked in and checked out our AWESOME room.  Seriously, this hotel is so nice!  Then it was off to Loco Lizard for dinner.  Loco Lizard is one of my very favorites.  Their carnita quesadillas are YUM-O!
Our waitress surprised me with a free going-away desert and the opportunity to wear this awesome sombrero!  You know me- the more attention the better :)

The best part of this picture is how FUNNY Dana (in the background right)thinks I am. 
We then headed back to chill by the hotel pool until it was MOVIE TIME.  We saw EAT PRAY LOVE.  I definitely recommend you read the book but I was underwhelmed with the movie.  I mean, the movie was okay but didn't come close to capturing the stories and feelings that the book portrayed.  And I'm not one of those that believe the book is always so much better than the movie.  3 examples of movies that were just as good if not better than the book, in MY opinion, are:  The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks and My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult.

I'm off my soap box now.

After the movie we went back to the hotel and talked the night away.  (even the roll-away beds were high-end and luxurious)
The next morning we went to Mimis for breakfast.  The BEST breakfast in the world, might I add.  Although, they were out of oatmeal.  That was another failure.

It was such a fun night!  I've said it a million times, but I LOVE MY FRIENDS!  I honestly couldn't ask for a better group of friends to call MINE!!  I'm not a fan of being 1300 miles away from them, but am grateful that distance ain't no thang anymore.  We've got free long-distance calling, facebook, skype, and blogs to keep us closely connected.  But, I can't wait to see my girls again.  Christmas can't come soon enough!


No comments: