8.23.2010

Dear Diary, I made it!

It's true- I made it safe and sound to my new home.  I've been here about 40 hours and & I'm ready to go home, I mean to Utah.  I have so much to do and am feeling a little overwhelmed by it all.  But it's okay.  I am on no time line and that feels good.  Right now, the sun is setting, my washer is going and the dinner dishes are waiting for me.  Dave took the kids to the park and my mom (who was kind enough to make the drive with me & stay for a week or so) is resting.  I have a million things I should be doing instead of blogging.

Still can't believe I got pulled over the other night.  Well, I guess I can believe that I got pulled over, I just can't believe how crazy I must have sounded.  The cop asked me if I knew that I was going 80 in a 70.  I said no, cause I didn't.  He asked to see my license.  I didn't have it- I lost it in Utah somewhere.  He asked where I was headed.  I didn't know.  I said I'd never been there before.  Then my mom threw in, "She was hurrying because I'm almost out of oxygen."  Then the police asked if she wanted him to call her an ambulance.  We tried not to laugh out loud.  I did have my passport and the only proof (if you can even call it that) of where we were headed was my printout from Google map.  He took both of those back to his cop car (funny that he took the google map) and when he FINALLY came back I only got a warning.  TOTAL sympathy card but I'll take it.  I'm embarrassed even thinking about it.

Then we arrived to the humidity and I hate it!  I really hate humidity.  I feel sticky and dirty all the time.  We bought a de-humidifier for our house so the house feels good.  The outside feels gross.  Hopefully I'll get used to it.

Our house is perfect.  I'm hoping the lanlord will let me paint some walls, though.  It feels so white.  The yard is big and green.  Everything is really close.  It's strange not seeing mountains.

The fam is back together again and I LOVE it!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Jami - I've lived in humidity for 3 years now and I don't think I'll ever get used to it. I hope your hair does better in it than mine has!!
Good luck in Minnesota. Maybe someday Ben and Dave can hook up together in a job back in Utah!

Trace said...

If anyone can deal with it Jame you totally can! And props to Shar for pulling the oxygen card! I am glad your fam is back together and I am glad you chose to blog rather than anything else so we all know what you are up to!

Armstrong said...

Yeah! I'm glad you made it there safe and sound. We are really going to miss you at church and girls night will never be the same. We may have to text you during girls night to get you input on our topics. Good luck with the nnew job and place. I wish you the best. Stop by when you are back in Utah for a visit.

Chanda

Erin said...

So glad you made it safe and sound. Humidity is for the birds. When I lived in New York I showered 3 times a day in the summer and I still felt sticky. Yuck. But the fall is beautiful. So glad we have blogs to keep in touch. Good luck with your new adventure. Give you mom a squeeze for me.