7.03.2009

Dream Big, Aim High

This happened a while ago, but thought that it was too classic not to share. It is just a small example of how we teach and instill in our children to dream big and aim high.
At Dave's graduation they did something called a hooding ceremony. It is when 2 people, both M.D.'s drape the hood part of the regalia over the graduates head. It was cool when a son, daughter, brother or sister of an M.D. graduated because their doctor relative did the hooding. (Am I making any sense at all?)
After the ceremony, my grandpa told Tolman that when he becomes a doctor, his daddy could hood him. Tolman quickly replied, "I'm not gonna be a doctor. I'm going to work at a dealership." ...a USED car dealership at that. He doesn't want to be tied down to one type of car. He wants to sell ALL makes, models and years of cars.
So forget the education fund, all we need to save for are some nice white slacks, a few sport coats and some bling.
That's my boy!

3 comments:

Trace said...

I will buy a car from him. He probably already knows more about them than me.

Kristen said...

I'm sure we could arrange a "Hooding Ceremony" between Tol and Troy Bennett. He'll be well on his way to selling cars if Troy mentors him! Tol's awesome!

Amber Burt said...

Nothing like high aspirations! What a cute story.