7.06.2009

Tolman turns 5!

My little man turned 5 on June 17th and we brought in his 5th year with a BANG!!
The night of his birthday we had a family party with Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles. Tol originally wanted to go miniature golfing, then last minute switched to swimming. So that's what we did. We went swimming, opened presents and had cake and ice cream at the clubhouse.

Family Photo!
We can't get Tol out of the water and we can't get Addi off the steps.

Tols is getting warm by the fire while blowing out his candle and Curt is getting warm in his towel. It was pretty cold getting out of the pool.
Tolman got soooo spoiled! Especially from his Grammy's. He got lots and lots of cars (surprise!) and some super fun pool toys. Even Addi scored some presents thanks to the Lamborn tradition of getting presents on your bro's or sis' birthday. One year when he was about 10, Dave got a brand-new T.V. on his sister's birthday. I guess that's what you get when there are only 2 kids in your fam.

Friend Party @ the park!
Tolman got to invite 5 friends (plus their sibs) to his friend party this year. The sad thing is, 2 came down with the swine flu just a few days before... sad!... but we still had a great time and his friends are all better now. We went to Tol's favorite park and played on the playground, ate pizza and a SPONGEBOB cake, opened presents, busted open a pinata and then ate LOTS and LOTS of CANDY... and then played some more!!!

Here is Tol swinging at his fishy pinata and Addi trying to get the hang of it.
Tolman just loves his little friends. Thanks all you guys for helping to make Tolman's birthday so fun and special. And thanks for all the fun presents!
WOW! I can't believe Tolman is 5! How time flies. He is turning into one amazing little man. He is constantly blowing me away with how much he learns everyday. He is the best big brother in the world. He loves Addi so much and is always watching out for her, even when she is not very nice back. He is very sensitive to other's feelings. He doesn't like to see anyone sad and does everything to make people happy. He is very affectionate and is constantly telling me how much he loves me. He gives the best hugs and kisses and has promised me that he will STILL give me hugs and kisses even when he grows up.
Tol, I love you all the way up to the moon, to the sun and stars, then back again 100 times over and then some.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

5 comments:

Pearson Family said...

So I totally want to talk to you. I saw your post below that you are going to put Tolman into another year of preschool. Owen turns five in a week and his teacher suggested to keep him back...but then he did better...so she said either way...but Chris was totally against keeping him in pre another year....not sure why. owen starts kinder in a month and i am freaking out that i made the wrong decision.

Trace said...

Mike got presets of his siblings birthday's too. In fact, sometimes he STILL does. Tol is a pretty amazing little dude.

Rachel Lovato said...

Happy Birthday Tolman! I love it that our kids are the same ages. SO...maybe one day Lauren can marry Tolman and James can marry Addi! Then we can be related like we always planned to be!

jessica nelson said...

Happy Birthday Tol!! I love Tol so much and I can't believe he is 5!!

Britton and Aubrey said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! I love reading others blogs! I am also kind of scared of Britton becoming a pilot. It took me a while to accept it. I just have to trust him and have faith in him.