7.07.2009

it was a HAPPY 4th!

We had a super fun and eventful 4th of July. Dave had it off this year so we totally lucked out and got to spend it all together.
First up was the Riverton parade and carnival the night before. I have to say that Dave was not looking forward to the parade, but once we were there he thought it was awesome. You definitely get a sense of the community and the pride therein. And, we didn't know this til we got there, but my bro, Curt, was in it. Pretty sweet!
Here he is showing his sweet skills and here are Addi and Tol watching the parade. They were mostly interested in how much candy they could get.

After the parade we walked to the carnival and blew $25 in 20 minutes. Owell. The kids had fun. They went on a few rides and we met up with Curt and he and I went on "The Orbitor." Why do I subject myself to such things? I used to love that ride and for the past 5 years or so I've HATED it! It makes me sooooo sick. Yet, I still go on it year after year. It was nice to have someone to go on it with this year (that wasn't a total stranger). Dave won't go on it with me. However, you should see Curt's arm- I was squeezing it so hard that I broke the skin with my nails and now it is all scabbed over. Sorry Curt!

The next day (on the actual holiday) we went hiking up to Donut Falls in Big Cottonwood with Jess and Curt. It was super fun and the kids did a great job. My kids LOVE Uncle Curty and Auntie Jess so much! I'm so glad they made the trek with us. They were a ton of help... and great company.
The littlest hiker and the king of the mountain.

On our way up and Curt being extreme.
That night we headed to Park City for dinner at Eric and Mindy's and to see the PC fireworks. I didn't take one picture of those festivities. OOPS! Owell.
The 4th has always been one of my very favorite holidays. It is so much fun, but more importantly it makes me sooo grateful to live in this amazing country where I am FREE to be me! Thanks to all the men and women who have fought, and are still fighting, for MY freedom.

2 comments:

Rachel Lovato said...

That is funny that we were both in Park City! I can't believe how big Curtis is! WOW!

jessica nelson said...

I had so much fun on the 4th with you guys!! We need to go hiking soon!!