5.11.2008

The HAPPIEST Mother's Day!

First of all, I believe my greatest callings in life are being a wife and mother. I love both roles equally but in different ways. Today my thoughts center around being a mom to my 2 amazing kids. I love you, Tol and Addi, more than you'll ever understand. You are my love, my joy, my life. Thankyou for the happiness you bring to my every moment. Thankyou for your patience with me. Thankyou for allowing me to learn and grow with you. Love you silly guys!
I love Mother's Day and today was the BEST!! Thanks to my fam for making it so great.
First of all, I got SPOILED! The kids gave me a balloon (they were so excited about it) and Dave gave me the cutest handbag (can never have too many), a watch and a Sarah McLachlan CD.
So we got up and went to church with my fam at 9. Can I just say that 9:00 church is the Best?! Ours is at 1:00 and we are tempted to switch to the spanish ward that meets at 9 in our building. With 2 kids (or even without) 1:00 sucks!
After church, we went to my parent's house and spent the rest of the day and evening there. The highlight of the day was the phone call from Nils. He is on the mish in Joao Pessoa, Brazil. He sounded great! I think he's struggling with the fact that he's coming home in 1 month (from today), but everything must come to an end. He's been a fantastic missionary and we are all so proud of him.
Coming in at a close 2nd was the JAZZ GAME!!! It's a good thing they won so all us Mom's wouldn't have to deal with grumpy husbands on Mother's Day!! I'm rude, but I kindof hope Kobe's back really is hurt so we can have an edge for our game in LA on Wednesday. Not that we couldn't pull it off, but we'll take all the help we can get, right? Now the trick is getting our hands on tickets for Friday's game. We'll see how that pans out.
Curt provided the Mother's Day entertainment. (He's gonna kill me!)

Sweet Shades!
Chel took my mom and I (not together) on a ride on her new bike. YIKES!

Gram and Gramp came to visit!
Auntie Jess cuddling with tired Addi!
Like I said, today was great! And Mom, thanks for being the most amazing Mom and Grammy in the world. We all love you so much!!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Rock on moms! (and mums)!
Rock on Spazz!

Kristen said...

Fun stuff Jame! I'm glad you had such a nice day. I've been meaning to call you all weekend. Curt is HILARIOUS!

Brandt & Kriste said...

Happy mommy day. Sounds like you had a great day. I can't believe Nills comes home next month. Crazy!

Amber Burt said...

Your family is always having fun! I can't believe Nils is going to be home so soon either! Love your new blog!

Chelsea Nelson said...

You must have been soo happy when you learned you had FOUR new comments on your blog. Now five. Jami is popular!
Love you!