12.23.2011

HUMMER LIMO... finally!

Tolman's had another fundraiser this year where the GRAND PRIZE for selling 25 items or more was a pizza party in a HUMMER LIMO!
For those who follow my blog, you know that last years' was a total BUST, so we couldn't let this years' get away from us! 
You can read about last years here.
I, uh...I mean Tol was successful in selling 25 items. So this time I was totally prepared. I called the school THE VERY DAY the fundraiser finished up to hear if there was a date set for the limo ride. There was a tentative date set for November 4th. I immediately put it on my calendar. Then, I asked again a few weeks later when the goods arrived. Again, they told me the 4th.
I didn't mention this earlier (and totally should have) but my mom came to town for a little longer than a week over Halloween... more on that to come. Anyway, so on the 1st we send Tol off to school (that I was going to let him miss because: 1) everyone deserves the day after Halloween off, right? and 2) Grammy was in town). About an hour later I get a phone call from the school {(that I usually would have ignored because: 1) the number wasn't in my contacts and therefore came up 'nameless' on caller id and 2) I was in the shower. Who gets out of the shower to answer the phone?!? Especially from a no-namer. Me, that's who. It was meant to be}. It was actually Tol's teacher on the other end explaining that since she was brand-new and still didn't have everything together, she forgot to send the Hummer-ride permission slip home. Then she continued to tell me the ride was to take place in 45 minutes. "WHAT?!? Today is the 1st! What happened to the 4th?!!! I can't let this happen again! What do I need to do? I'm not too late, am I?" I basically freaked out to myself while poor Ms. Messmer listened. My heart would have been doubly broken for Tol if he missed it again (even though he did get off pretty good last time).
I got dressed and ready -faster than ever before. My mom, Addi and I jumped in the car and RACED to Tolman's school to sign the dang waiver before the limo got there. We arrived just in time. We took some pics AND they let us go on the ride with them! Which I felt good about because it was from the fruits of MY  labors that Tol even sold anything in the first place ;)
Tol was thrilled and so was I.






When the ride was over and it was all said and done, Tol said that next year he wanted the Penske instead of the Hummer Limo ride.

1 comment:

Carolyn Hanson said...

K, love this story! The only thing that would 've made it better is actually hearing you tell it:) Love your stories! Hope you had a great Christmas. When are you back in town? My roots are calling for you:) plus I wanna see you!!