6.12.2011

For Mom

I planted flowers in honor of you.
They're not nearly as pretty and put-together as the ones
you would plant for me when we were basically neighbors,
but they work, and most importantly
they remind me of you.




I took these pictures the day I planted them,
which was about a month ago.
You should see then now-
and NO, they aren't dead!!
They are even prettier (if I may say so myself)
sitting on my porch today than they are in these pics.

I guess I knew you wouldn't be
rushing over to save them 
if/when I neglected them.

Kindof like my kids...

I'm a better mom with a greener thumb
now that I'm a thousand miles away from you. Ha!

AND-

My flowers aren't the only things that have a new home on my porch.


Cute, right?
 ...except for the bird poop. That's not so cute.

1 comment:

Rachel Lovato said...

What a sweet post! Awww! It must be so hard to live away from your momma!