6.23.2011

CURTY!!

Curt came to visit!

Curt came to visit for about a week and it was THE BEST!! We were all so excited to have Curt all to ourselves for a little while and to show him our new diggs.

First things first. Hair.

We went downtown to "Thursdays on First," which is a summer market and music festival that Rochester puts on EVERY Thursday.



 We also gave Curt a mini-tour of the clinic.



We couldn't NOT get one of these famous 'Curt poses.'
Funny thing was, the pole was totally loose and wobbly. We were sure we were taking it down- but it was still standing when it was all said and done, thankfully.

Tol was lucky enough to have Uncle Curty in town for his birthday! Tol had his birthday party at HOUSE OF BOUNCE. All his friends LOVED Uncle Curt; he was the hit of the party! Seriously.

Mall of America was a MUST!! Curt got some awesome things and KILLER DEALS, to boot!

 Here they are in front of Nickelodeon Universe.

 On the escalator.

 Posing with an old logger truck. This was for Tol, of course.

Inside the infamous MIRROR MAZE.
We did this when Chel was in town and the kids HATED IT! They were so freaked out! Well, when we decided to go to MOA, Addi unexpectedly (for some unknown reason) was determined that she was going to do the mirror maze again. I mean, this is after months of being traumatized from it. Whatever. Tol couldn't let his younger sister show him up so he went along with it. They both went through without a single tear or melt-down.

A gift to me from Curt. He is so kind and thoughtful!
If you can't tell already, I ADORE my bro!


Getting packed & ready to leave. Or so we thought...
Poor Curt flew standby which provided quite the adventure! First of all, he spent 10 hours in the Salt Lake airport trying to get here- and that was nothing. It took him 4 days to get home!! He was supposed to fly out Monday but flights weren't looking good so we switched to Tuesday. On our way to the airport Tuesday afternoon we were right in the middle of CRAZY WEATHER which turned into a tornado warning. We were right smack-dab in the middle of the warning area, too. After pulling off the road and parking near a "big stricture" for a minute, we decided to carry on. I was FREAKED- but we survived.
When we got to the airport, Curt got booked on a flight and things were looking good... but that was short-lived. Long story short, the weather grounded a few flights which bumped Curt and he was stuck. He ended up spending the night in Minneapolis. Then he got on a flight to Houston the next afternoon and ended up spending the night there. THEN, he flew to Cincinatti and ended up spending the night there. The next day- Friday- he flew to Denver then FINALLY caught a flight to Salt Lake City. Quite the adventure, especially for a 16 year old!
But here's the kicker: Curt was supposed to leave on TREK with his ward on Wednesday. When my parents picked him up from the airport on Friday, they drove him straight to Evanston, WY to meet up with the TREKERS. What a crazy whirlwind of a week!! Of course there are a bunch of hilarious details and side stories- but I'll let Curt tell you those :)

My kids LOVED having Curt around! They wanted to be playing with him EVERY second! Curt was a champ and such a good sport- especially because I was pretty much out of commission his entire stay. I threw my back out a few days before and it wasn't letting up. Therefore, we weren't able to do some of the things I had planned. But Curt was more than a good sport and helped me out SO MUCH! Thanks again, Curt!

Curtis was also a good sport and humored me by singing in my ward that Sunday. He sang one of my VERY FAVORITE church arrangements with 2 of my very darling Young Women. They did such an incredible job! And I was so happy and proud to show off my talented and handsome brother! And yes, he was a HIT amoungst the Young Women, right girls?

I am so blessed to have Curtis as my brother. From the day he was born, he has brought so much LOVE and HAPPINESS into the Nelson family. He is kind and sensitive to others. He is extremely talented in many areas. He has a strong spirit and gets a lot of things that I still struggle with. He is one in a million and I LOVE him so much!

Thanks so much for visiting Curt! We LOVE and MISS you!

3 comments:

Carolyn Hanson said...

He is such a cute kid, Jami.

And I had NO IDEA it took him that long to get home!!!!! What a fiasco!!! Poor guy :(

Rachel Lovato said...

I can't get over how BIG he is! To think he was born back in the day when you and I were inseperable..back when I met Matt! It is so great to hear that he has grown up to such a wonderful man!

jessica nelson said...

I love this post!! Curt is the best brother a person could ask for and such a cute uncle too!!

I need to make it out there now!!!! Can't wait to see you soon.