4.01.2009

Seattle is PARADISE!

This past weekend Tol and I went to Seattle to visit Chelsea and we had a BLAST! In fact, it was so much more fun than expected. Not that I didn't think that Chel would deliver, it's just that I wasn't sure how Tol would be. He was FANTASTIC and the three of us made the PERFECT trio!
Bear with me. I'm going to post a lot of pics to illustrate the vacay!

First stop was the BUBBLE-GUM WALL! Here is me contributing to the unsanitary nastiness.


And here is my nasty gum front and center.. the big white one. *Isn't this a cool pic?


Then it was off to Pike's Place. I couldn't get enough of this place- it was awesome! Seriously, call me a nerd, but it had the most BEAUTIFUL produce and flowers, all at a STEAL of a DEAL! It was also fun to see the guys in their waders throwing the GIANT fish around.

Look at all this FRESH and YUMMY pasta! I bought orange & dark chocolate Gemilli. DELISH!!


Tol and me checking out the SALMON.


Lookie at all these PRETTY flowers. This picture doesn't do them justice. The big bunches you see to the right were for sale for between $5 and $15. Crazy deals. If I lived there, I'd constantly have a house full of FRESH flowers... My mothers dream (and reality).


Mmmm PEPPERS!...


and APPLES!

and a BIG apple on Tol's BIG head. I'm not being mean, he's a Nelson.


and here he is, Jelly tasting.


VEGGIES!


Nothing better than a chocolate dipped strawberry... or marshmallow (which is what I got, of course).


So while we were thoroughly enjoying ourselves in the middle of a Saturday afternoon, some LOSER decides to leave (or take) a little present. This is what we found when we walked back to Chel's car: a broken window and a missing GPS.

And to think that we paid $5 to park there... for an hour... on a Saturday afternoon... in a BUSY area. Whatever.
However, we did not let it ruin our fun (it actually added to it, driving around with a LOUD garbage bag over the door... we couldn't get it fixed til Monday).

We were immediately off to the crab pot. Please realize that I am
swallowing every bit of pride by posting this picture of me. I thought they told me to dip my face in the butter, not the crab. O well. *Dana, I need help!*


What trip to Seattle would be complete without the SPACE NEEDLE?


On top of the Space Needle.


Eating at the Space Needle Restaurant. Tol thought it was the coolest restaurant (so did I) because it is 500 feet in the air and it SPINS so you get a 360 degree view of the city.


Balancing precariously on a rolling ball. Now that's talent.


On our way back to the car, we noticed an exotic car show. Despite us not having official invites and being rather under-dressed, a security guard let us in.
Here is Tol in a Ford Limo.


And outside the sweet limo.


Tol with a Lotus and a Lamborghini...


and an Aston Martin.

He was in 7th heaven as you can imagine.

The next day, Chel had some meetings so Tol and I went on a long walk along a trail that led us to a fun playground and lots of ducks and geese to feed.
Tol liked this bridge.


ARRrrrrr!


Feeding the fowl.






Next up, KIRKLAND, where Jason Mesnick (the Bachelor) is from. No sightings, though. Isn 't it pretty?








Chel met us there on her motorcycle so we could have the car. She let Tol start it.

Thankfully, it is a law to wear your helmets in Washington, as it SHOULD be everywhere else, too.

PHOTO SHOOT entitled: BEST BUDDIES
























Seattle AQUARIUM

Giant Octupus


Chel the Scuba Diver caught Jami the eel. Why is Chel the one who looks nervous? I'm the one being captured!



A night around the fire-pit making SMORES!! YUM

This is Tol, Chel and her landlord, Joseph.

As I said, and as you can see, I loved every bit of my time in Seattle with Tol and Chel. I loved spending time with my sister. I have always admired Chelsea and have looked up to her but after this trip, she is even more than a hero of mine. She hasn't had an easy road. She has dealt with painful challenges in her life that I will never begin to imagine. She is strong and immovable. She knows who she is and is comfortable with that. She is confident in herself. She knows what she wants in life and won't stop til it's hers. She has a zest for life and adventure. There is nothing she can't do. She loves herself, others and God unconditionally. She see's the positive in everything. She is open to other's ideas, even when they are not her's. She's real.
This time with Chelsea was a gift to me. I learned a lot about myself this weekend. Chel helped me open my eyes and see me for me. She boosted my self-confidence and self-esteem, for sure, and for that I am grateful.
Chel, thanks for the best weekend ever and for seeing the beauty in everyone and everything. I hope to be like you someday. Love you!

Well, an $800 Delta credit, a one night free hotel room and 4 meal vouchers later, we headed home a day late. Totally worth it. Especially when we boarded the plane and realized we were in FIRST CLASS!


GOODBYE SEATTLE!!

15 comments:

Jen said...

WOW . . . great pictures! Thanks for painting the picture so vividly -- It feels like I went to Seattle too! I love the ones with Chelsea and Tol -- so cute!

Becca Jo said...

Jami! How fun. I'm so jealous. I have my own car window bashing story coming up on my blog. BLAH!

Alicia said...

How fun! Don't you LOVE Seattle? It is so beautiful and you're right-- pictures can't do Pike's Place justice. The flowers and produce are fish are surprisingly pretty. Gosh, I love Washington.
Great pictures and GREAT trip. Well done on the vouchers. Totally worth it.

Suzanne G said...

That's my hometown~! It looks like it treated you guys so well!! That is awesome. It is paradise! I agree. I'm so glad you had such a fun time. It looks like you had a blast!

Unknown said...

I am loving all these pictures!!! I am so jealous. Chel, soon it will be me over there!!! I love my sisters... Girls week in Seattle here we come!!!!

Amber Burt said...

What a pretty city! I am jealous, that is somewhere that I have always wanted to go. Fun for you to spend the time with Chelsea too.

the bates motel said...

sounds like such a great trip! and how cute you got to go w/ your little boy! love that you and your sis are so tight. fun pics. i'd like to go to seattle one day.....

Chelsea Nelson said...

The greatest part of about the Chel and Jame combo is we feel the exact same way about each other.

I am all about Jessica's idea. Sisters weekend in Seattle! STAT!

Chelsea Nelson said...

I just thought of a fun idea! We should have a sibling vacay sometime-Seattle or anywhere. Can you imagine the fun we'd have if the Nelson 5 got together on a vacation?!

jennie said...

Wow- looks like such a fun getaway. Aren't sisters the best!

Unknown said...

I was just looking at this again, and I remember the same thing about the flowers in NYC. I always bought them and had fresh flowers in my bedroom!! So many fun things that Salt Lake is missing!! And i love the picture of Tol in 1st class!!!!

Gonzalez Family said...

EWWW! That gum wall was so gross! But the pictures sure show a happy trio. That really sucks about the car window.

Jules said...

What a fun trip! The best kind of trip is a trip with sisters! You took amazing pics too!

Michelle said...

That looked like so much fun. I love all your pictures! Tol is darling and he and you sister are so cute together.

Trace said...

So fun! Charity lived in Kirkland when they were in Washington and had nothing but good to say about it. That gum wall is nasty. Everett would have tried eating it all. I am glad you two had such a fun time.