3.19.2009

MATCH DAY!!!!!

The day has finally come... Match Day!!! We found out today where we will be spending the next 4 years of our life.
First of all, we feel so fortunate to have even matched. There were about 20 students
who didn't match this year (STRESSFUL) and a handful of them were applying in anesthesia. Dave is a ROCK STAR!!! All his hard work paid off and he is now officially employed! That sounds a little weird.... anyway, before I unveil the results (and I'm sure a few of you have already scrolled down and skipped through all this mumbo-jumbo), here are a few pics from this morning's reception.
I guess I will mention-quickly-the process. The med school puts on a brunch and the students along with anyone else who is affected by this (family) is invited to attend. They pass out the sealed envelopes and everyone opens them at the same time. Let's just say all kinds of emotions were running high in that room. Lot's of smiles and cheers and lots of disappointment and tears. Then everyone who matched went up one at a time and announced where they are headed and in what field they are going.


Here's all the students rushing the front to get their envelopes.


There is Dave with envelope in hand... and for all you WJ alumni: yes, that is the back of Mr. Argyle, enjoying a beverage. His son is in Dave's class.


Dave with the UNopened evelope. Is the suspense building? Hey, I had to go through it, now you do!!!


The official letter. Can you read it? Look closer...
Okay, he will be doing his preliminary year here at the U of U and then we will be headed to Rochester, Minnesota where Dave will be doing the next three years at the Mayo Clinic!!


Dave, Sylvia and Brent... all going to Mayo! I forget what Sylvia is doing and Brent is doing Pathology. Sorry about the glare.


Here we are, ready to CELEBRATE!!!!!

18 comments:

Chelsea Nelson said...

I am happy and sad all at the same time. Mostly happy though. Congrats!!

Jen said...

Wow . . . that would be a seriously scary brunch! I can't imagine having to open your letter right there in front of everyone -- especially if you were on the other end and didn't get a match!!

CONGRATS Dave!! I'm excited for your new adventure in life . . . outside of Utah. You're going to LOVE it!

Trace said...

Congratulations! I knew he would match. They are lucky to get him. I am so happy we get you guys for one more year too. When does he start at IMC?

Alicia said...

How exciting!!
My sister-in-law, Megan was at Mayo clinic and she LOVED it out there. Congrats!

Jenn and Brandon said...

How exciting! And we get you for another year! Yeah! Congratulations!

Foster Mom said...

we are so happy for you guys! Congrats Dave!! Jami...come to play group and girls night, our kids had fun playing the other day at the park.

the bates motel said...

yeah! so fun congrats to you guys! fun that you get to spend another year in ut too :)!

Armstrong said...

I am so excited for you guys! It will be so nice to have you and your kids around for another year! I can't wait to see if you come back with the Minnesota accent. Good Luck Dave!!!

jennie said...

Congrats you guys! I am glad you will be here for another year. We just need to get together again soon!

Unknown said...

Rock on! I love you, man! I'm goint to keep our "Bromance" alive, don't you worry.

Rachel Lovato said...

Congrats Jami and Dave! Sounds exciting! I have family in Minnesota and they love it!

J.E. said...

Yay for you guys! How fun and exciting to embark on this new adventure together. This year is probably going to go by so fast for you. Enjoy every second of it!

Kat said...

How exciting and what an adventure you have ahead of you!

Kristen said...

What can I say that hasn't already been said? I love it!

Katie said...

Congrats to Dave! You guys will be finishing up in MInnesota about the same time Ben's contract is up in Pennsylvania. Maybe they can hook up back in Utah and start something together! ;) Hope you and your kids are doing well. I miss walking with all the girls. Now I have to push 2 kiddos around all by myself!

Chelsea Nelson said...

Jami!!
I just learned that one of my great friends from Brighton and her husband are going to the same program...Tibet...who I went to Peru with...check out her blog and send her a little message!
http://cannonspot.blogspot.com/

Love you!

Marianne said...

Mayo clinic - what the - that's freakin' the coolest school of all time. I always check out their website with my medical websites - not that your cared but that's so awesome! Mr Argyle - so good to see him again.

Andrea said...

Wow,
It totally is a small world! I love Chelsea and your family and I am super excited to go live in the frigid North with you guys. Yea for Mayo!
Are you guys doing the IHC transitional year or a year at the U of U?
We'll see you next year!
-the Cannons