11.29.2008

GOBBLE

THANKSGIVING

Thanksgiving has always been my most favorite holiday. I love that my birthday sometimes falls on Thanksgiving (2 holidays in one). I love that I am surrounded by family. I love all the DELICIOUS food (even though I am not a fan of turkey). I love that it is the beginning of the 'holiday season.' I love watching the Macy's Day Parade. I love focusing on all I have to be thankful for. And I love that it is the least commercialized and advertised holiday. Thanksgiving is about giving. The main thing it is known for on T.V and radio is feeding the hungry and/or homeless. I love that. It takes the focus off of "me, me, me," and puts it on what others have done for you and what you can do for others. I love that. I love the spirit of Thanksgiving and the message Thanksgiving brings.

With that said, I had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving. I started the day with a 5k run with the fam. It was a good way to start the day, especially knowing I'd be stuffing my face later on. It was also good to work off the frosted pumpkin chocolate chip cookie...mmmmmm... I had @ midnight the night before.
This is us after the race. It was pouring rain so we all got pretty wet. It has been my Mom's dream to run some sort of race with the whole family. She was on cloud 9. So Mom, this one is for you, and sorry you are hidden in this pic. (Dave was home with the kids preparing his turkey [look below] and then went to a BINGHAM Turduckin' bowl).
Later that day we went to Jan's house (my MIL) for our first dinner.
The kiddie table. Aren't they all so cute?! Tolman and Addi LOVE their cousins.

A while later we went to my parents house for dinner #2. It was especially fun having everyone together. Chel came home from Seattle and Nils came down from Utah State. I guess since Jess doesn't live at home anymore, you could also say that she came home as well. It was super fun to be all together.

A few random pics. First, the fellas starting the dishes when we were all stuffed to the brim and second, Addi playing with the plastic cups. Those things keep her entertained for hours! And I can't forget my mom's beautiful table. The pic doesn't do it justice.
"THE smoked turkey"
Kindof a long story and a touchy subject, but Dave smoked a turkey on Thanksgiving in his new Webber smoker. It took ALL day, longer than he anticipated, but it turned out beautiful and delicious! Now Dave (remember I don't like turkey) will be able to enjoy many yummy turkey sandwiches.

This was the finished product.
I hope you all had a Happy and Thankful Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Brandt & Kriste said...

I love Thanksgiving as well. Nice job on the 5k. I'm impressed. That is a beautiful Turkey. Did it not make it to Thanksgiving dinner? I'm glad you had a good day!

Trace said...

Mike and I are drooling over the turkey. If you don't like it you can feel free to send some our way.

Kristen said...

Looks yummy and fun!

kristi and family said...

that turkey looks awesome... our turkey sucked this year... happy thanksgiving...