10.18.2008

Here comes the flood!

No, I am not referring to a recent 'Grey's Anatomy' episode, I am actually referring to my work place.
Sometime between late Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning, a water pipe BUSTED in the ceiling and it caved in on the salon (and some other businesses in the building). Let's just say EVERYTHING was SOAKED and RUINED!!! Pretty much the entire salon has to be gutted.
For all my clients reading this: HELLO! Haven't we already been through enough? Changing salons 3 times in a year and now this? I'm starting to think one of us (meaning stylists) has some bad energy (I'm sounding like Kathy) or karma following us around.
Not to worry, I'm still working in the same building, just not on the same floor. We were booted to the dungeon until the salon is up and running.
The good thing is, the "new" salon will be much improved. Completely new set-up (no more angled stations... Hip Hip!) and best of all, new hydrolic chairs and shampoo chairs (double HIP HIP!!!)! What isn't ripped out in the pictures below, will be.


My old station (sad) and my new station in the dungeon. Nice set-up, eh? It's actually an office that they rent out.


The picture on the right is what's left of my friend, Dana's, room. She is our new esthetician. Isn't that FABULOUS?!! It is fabulous to have such a wonderful esthetician there, but even more fab that I get to work with one of my BF's.
Anyway... that's all.

2 comments:

Gonzalez Family said...

OMG AGAIN! Why oh why. But I will follow you even to the dungeon. Wishing you the best in the new place I guess I will see next month.

Craig*Monica said...

That is pretty spooky! I hope no body is seriously cursed! Poor London, as if she doesn't have enough going on!

Well, I guess it will be nice to remodel the salon, the way you really want it. There is always a plus side! Hopefully it will be done by my next exciting appt., that I am always looking forward to!