6.17.2008

So much to blog, so little time

I can honestly say that this past week has ranked in the top 3 busiest weeks of my life! I know, I'm being dramatic (what's new), but it's true. Since blogging is my new-found BFF, I feel as though I should share some highlights with you. So bare with me. This could get long (but never boring)...
So the day after Nilso came home (hip hip), it was Tol's pre-school program. He did a fabulous job and really, is there anything more entertaining than a pre-school program?



It had a Disney theme so they sang lots of Disney songs. Poor Tol has a big head (thanks to his mama) so the hats wouldn't stay on his head too well. He seemed to be more concerned about that than singing the songs.
Next up, was Father's Day.
Father's Day was especially sweet this year cause it was also Nils' homecoming. Nils spoke, of course, and did such a good job! I realize that you wouldn't expect me to say anything different of my own bro., but his talk truly was amazing. My dad and Curtis also spoke. They, too, did FAB. The bishop couldn't leave the Nelson gals out so the whole fam dam sang (minus Dave and the kids) while my mom played the piano. We sang a song that my Mom wrote and I think it went well. One of our better performances anyway... we have sung this particular song I don't know how many times. Anyway, the meeting had a bit of Nelson over-kill to it. If possible.
I LOVED seeing everybody! So many people came to see and support Nils and it was a partay!
So once the homecoming festivities were wrapped up, it was time to turn all attention to our DADS. They opened presents, we sang their praises, and let them watch golf (when I think of Father's Day I picture my Dad sprawled out on his bed or on the couch watching the US OPEN).

So a couple years ago on Father's Day we all went to the park and came up with the game, "Ultimate Playground." It's super fun and has since become a Nelson favorite. Well, this Father's Day we came up with a new game that is equally as entertaining. We didn't name it, but here's what it is: So they put these new digital speedometer thingies in my parents neighborhood that tells you how fast you're going and GET THIS, it tracks the speed of anything cruising down the street. So we decided to see how many MPH we could run. It was actually quite funny. One at a time, hauling down the middle of the street as fast as we could. Matt Johnson won with 18 mph. Pretty impressive Matt.

This is Dave and you can kindof see the speedometer on the right above Curt's head.


It makes a great spectator sport.

Then we went to the park and played.

We played catch and frisbee. All the "men" on the swings.

Matty and Nils thinkin' they're tough. Curtis, my Dad's BFF came to visit from Florida.

Happy Father's Day to the 2 best Dad's in my life. First, my own Dad. You are the best dad a gal could ask for. I am lucky that we have always been great friends, especially during my teen years when I probably needed it the most. Maybe I need it the most now, hmmm. Love you, Pops!

And to Dave, the Dad of my kids. I love watching you with our kids. They have so much fun with you and I especailly love that you teach them all about anything and everything. Because of you, their little minds are filled with new things everyday. Tol & Addi are so lucky to have you as their papa. We love you!

7 comments:

Marianne said...

Can I come next time you have the speed-measuring race? Sounds like fun!

Marianne said...

Oh - I love your shelfari. I'm going to go get a book by Ellen - she's hilarious so her book's probably pretty good too eh?

Brandt & Kriste said...

Oh my gosh! You guys are so funny! I wish I were there to spectate! I can't believe Nills is home. Tell him hello from his one and only! See you soon!

Kristen said...

Who knew that the speedometer would work on humans. I wish I had been there. I would have laughed so hard. I bet I would have gone like 5 mph. What was your speed Jame?

Chelsea Nelson said...

Oh my. I am sad. It seems like a real entertaining evening. I love my family.

Craig*Monica said...

Hi Jami! After talking with you today at my awesome hair appointment, I was intrigued, and had to look at Ben's mental floss. My favorite tag is the x-ray vs. ultrasound! I peed my pants laughing at his approach to the questions. I'm sure you guys are like peas and carrots, right? Anyway, thanks for the reference. It was good for a laugh!

Alicia said...

My family has a history of tracking our speeds with the same invention. Love it!