2.15.2011

wine & dine

"BE MINE"
friend dinner
For as long as I can remember my parents had a Valentine's dinner for our family.
My mom would set a festive table, make a yummy, heart-themed dinner and have our valentines waiting for us on our dinner plates (which during middle school and into high school were Raging Waters season passes- the best gift EVER!!).
I decided to carry the tradition to Rochester -sans 'RAGE' passes.  We invited 5 or 6 families over for a LOVEly heart-themed night of dinner and gifts.
The pics don't do the night justice, but you get the idea...

Here I am putting the finishing touches on the table.

One of my contributions: worlds best SUGAR COOKIES.  
Look here for the recipe.
I also made bacon-wrapped chicken and a delicious PRETZEL JELLO SALAD.
Everyone else also contributed to make for one YUMMY dinner (& dessert).


WHITE ELEPHANT
GIFT 
EXCHANGE




Everyone came prepared with some hilarious and adorable romance-themed gifts.   
You see Jeff looking excited about that little number in his hand?  Let's just say the Hansons got our gift :)






I had a great time and am so glad everyone could come to make my first VALENTINE DINNER a success!

4 comments:

Middle Age Moments said...

What a great idea! Love the gift exchange. And what is in Jeff's hand? I wish one of yur cookies could jump into my mouth right now! They are so pretty too! Love love love love love you! AND CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR YOU TO GET HERE! HURRY TIME, and then STOP.

Heidi said...

Ha ha now I want to know what you gave the Hansons! Fun dinner

Rachel Lovato said...

Seriously! How cute are you?! You are just too good to be true!

jessica nelson said...

And you are the cutest sister ever!! How fun that you do these things with your friends!! I am also so happy that you have found such great friends out there!! Love you sis! I hope I can be as cute and creative as you are one day