11.01.2009

Lots of fun on HALLOWEEN

The cutest (& scariest) PIRATES around.

Captain Jack Sparrow & our little Princess Pirate


The night before Halloween we carved pumpkins and made
sugar cookies.



The Zada crew decked in our wigs.

Halloween night we went TRICK-OR-TREATING around DAYBREAK. With SO MANY houses, the kids got quite the load of candy. Addi got tired of walking around so I took her back early, but Tol and Dave were out forever and Tol's bucket was overflowing with TREATS when they finally got back.

"TRICK-or-TREAT"

``````````````````
Halloween wouldn't be complete without the Nelson Halloween PARTY. This was the 26th year going strong. It is always complete with Homemade SOUPS (& other YUMMY food), neighbors and FRIENDS and FUN!


Here was my contribution (with help from Kristen): SUGAR COOKIES...
and here is the recipe. I promise you won't be disappointed!

1/2 c. sour cream
1 egg
1 cube of butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 c. sugar
3 1/4 c. flour

Roll out dough to be about 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Cut cookies out. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350* for 8 minutes (Don't let them get brown). Let cool before icing.
**This recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies.

ICING

1/2 pkg. of powdered sugar
1/8- 1/4 c. milk
1/2 stick of butter
1 tsp. vanilla

In small saucepan, boil milk and butter. Add other ingredients and mix. I like my icing a little runny because it's easier to frost with and it sets up smooth on the cookie. Add more powdered sugar to thicken or more milk to thin the icing out.

Hope everyone had a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Cute cute kiddos. (You are pretty cute too, friend.)

Amber Burt said...

I remember the fun times that we had at your parents house on Halloween! I am glad to hear that they still have a party every year. Your kids sure looked cute, and scary!

jessica nelson said...

I am so sad that I missed the party this year and especially that I missed Tollie and Addi's costumes!! Next year I will be there. But wait....You wont!! I don't like that..

the bates motel said...

such cute pirates :)! and fun salon are you still at the one by nord's rack? i sometimes wish i worked in a salon once a week or something!

Janessa Taylor said...

I really really really really want one of those. Do you have any more???? :) ps. VERY cute PIRATES!!

Rachel Lovato said...

Okay:
* CUTE CUTE costumes!
* You look HOT with Black Hair
* Can't wait to try the cookie recipe! YUM!