3.10.2011

Helper Mom minus the RED SWEATS

I volunteered in Addi's preschool class on PAJAMA DAY where I made pancakes for everyone and was able to stay and PLAY!
Addi was ALL about the pics.

A few days later I went on the  QUARRY HILL field trip with Tolman's Kindergarten class.
Tol was NOT about the pics until it was almost time to head home.
I shouldn't admit to this, but when I was in grade school and my mom was the "helper mom" in my class, I had strict instructions she had to follow.  Number 1 on the list was that she could NOT- under ANY circumstances- wear her red sweats to my school.  Can you say embarrassing?!  The 'red sweats' were SO traumatizing to me!  I was a vain little girl who had an image to maintain. 
Maybe my kids are nicer & more humble than I was at their age, but I still try to look my best when I go to their schools to help out in the classroom.  Let's just say THAT is a huge sacrifice of love on my part because I seriously live in my sweats out here!
Sorry I was a jerk, Mom.  You were a babe no matter what!... and still are.

5 comments:

Middle Age Moments said...

So dog gone adorable! My babies are getting too grown up. And don't worry about the red sweats. You were nothing compared to Curtis on Halloween when I was the helper mom. I had on my zebra pajama pants with smeared lipstick and icky hair. He had a fit! I tried and tried to explain that it was Halloween to no avail. I was dressed as a tired mom. And I was up all night getting his costume and treats ready. Yeah...I miss those days!

Middle Age Moments said...

...My heart hurts wanting to hug and kiss these beautiful children. When are you moving back again?

Alicia said...

Oh, this kills me...

And I LOVE your Valentine dinner tradition also. So cool.

jessica nelson said...

Oh my gosh... I have the cutest niece and nephew ever!!! I can't get over how adorible and big they are!! I agree... When are they moving back???

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

I can't believe how big Tol and Addie are getting, SAD! And who could be embarrassed with YOU as their mom, seriously, you're gorgeous AND fun! Their friends are going to want to hang out with you! And you want to talk embarrassing, my DAD would come INTO the school to get me wearing his karate uniform. THAT was embarrassing!!! I was horrified!!!!