10.01.2010

Family Outing @ CHESTER WOODS

We decided to explore some local Rochester beauty, especially before it turned FREEZING, and went to Chester Woods State Park.
We were hoping we'd be able to rent a canoe or paddle boat, but no such luck.  I think we visited a little too late in the season.

So we went on quite the little nature walk and explored.  Tol & Addi loved picking the flowers (not sure if that's even allowed) and looking for bugs.

And then we hit the Chester Woods playground.  My kids could spend hours at the playground.  And check out Addi in the "Check this out!" pic.  Could I have captured this fall better?  And so you know, Addi got up with a huge sandy smile.  She's one tough cookie, usually.

Minnesota really is beautiful.  It's a different kind of beautiful.  It is a simple kind of beautiful, lots of fields and rolling hills.  Lot's of green and blue.  I hate admitting that my first impression of the place was 'boring.'  It's just that I wasn't used to it.  I never even visited the Midwest so this type of scenery was completely new to me.  But I'm happy to say that I've already grown to embrace & appreciate the beauty.  
To me, Minnesota's simple beauty is super calming and we all know I needed some of that!

No comments: