11.29.2009

Thankful

We had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving this year full of FAMILY, FOOD and FUN! It really made me appreciate my life and all that I'm blessed with. I have so much to be thankful for.

I started the day out with a 5K with my family (minus Chel, Dave and the kids). It is our second year doing this and I love it. It's a great way to start the day.
It made me Thankful for:

the incredible family I grew up with,


enthusiasm and sense of humor,


good (random) people & sunrises,


and my health.


After the race, Dave went to a Turkey Bowl with the Bingham fellas (and of course he didn't want to take the camera). It made me THANKFUL for:
Dave's friends (especially Ben) and their influences on the person Dave has become.

Then it was NAP TIME, and anyone who knows me knows I am thankful for
naps... the kids' and mine!

We went to Park City to Eric and Mindy's for Thanksgiving dinner. It made me thankful for:

traditions & KISSES,


creativity & thoughtfulness
(Mindy had crayons and thanksgiving pictures at all the kids' seats. So cute and thoughtful!),


good food,


cousins and the rest of my extended family,



the BEST grammys in the world (mine & my kids'),


music,


helpers,


and my little family.


On the drive home from PC we were talking about things we were THANKFUL for. Addi said she was thankful for Heavenly Father and Jesus. Then Tol piped in and told her that they are the same person (Tol's very good at 'correcting' his sister lately). Dave and I then explained that they are, in fact, NOT the same person... blah blah blah... and that Jesus is our brother. Tol got so excited and said, "WOO HOO! WOO HOO! I have a brother!!"

That made me thankful for:
Sweetness and LAUGHTER!

This list is just a fraction of my blessings- I have so much to be thankful for. Right now I'm thankful for THANKSGIVING and this time of year so I can reflect on all I have to be thankful for.
*and I'm thankful for the word THANKFUL.

8 comments:

Chelsea Nelson said...

I am thankful for this post-and for my older sister Jami!

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! I wish I could have been there-next year!!

Thank you for being worlds best!

Love you.

Jen said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Rachel Lovato said...

Aww. Sweet post! Cute family pic at the end! I am always so bad at remembering to take pictures!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Shout out on yer blog!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Shout out on yer blog!

Alicia said...

I love this post! Can't wait to gab on Friday. :)

Scarlett said...

That is so cute that Tol is thankful for a brother! Love the things our kids say. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving!

Kristen said...

Dang, Chel stole my line. I love this post. I'm thankful for YOU!