6.09.2009

Hate crimes

My sister Chelsea, who is a lesbian, has a friend who fell victim to a horrible 'hate crime,' for being a lesbian.

Several months back, Chel had the privilege of meeting with Elder Ballard (via phone) for over 2 hours. One of the
many questions Elder Ballard asked Chelsea was, "How has your family responded to [you being lesbian]?" Chelsea told him that her family has been amazing. That they have loved her, supported her and have been there for her through it all. Elder Ballard simply responded, "They have shown true Christ-like love."

It is my hope and my prayer that we all can show true Christ-like love to everybody, always, no matter their (or our) differences.


click here to be directed to Chel's blog

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I have a confession... I blog-stalked your sister already and read about this sad story. It really is so sad and sickening that there is so much "hate" out there. You are an amazing sister to your cute sister. I don't know her at all but through her blog and your praise, I think she is awesome.
Elder Ballard is the bomb.
Seriously.

Trace said...

I can't imagine wanting to physically hurt someone just because they are different than me. That dude is in for a rude awakening on judgment day.

Unknown said...

Thats just awful. Glad your sis is okay.