4.25.2011

Easter

These cute kiddos must have been good kiddos (or 'worthy' kiddos as our Gospel Doctrine teacher jokingly suggested). The Easter Bunny came and spoiled Tol & Ad with new swimsuits, undies, books, toys and TREATS galore! 
The kiddos woke up SO early- earlier than they did on Christmas!- and waited until their lazy parents got out of bed to go egg & basket hunting.
After everything was found and opened we got ready for and headed to church... on a TOTAL sugar-high.

Here they are all ready for church in their Easter garb.

 After church, the kids put their new bubble-blowers to work and ate their lunch out on the deck. From the looks of this picture, Tol might have had a bowl of bubbles for lunch.

Then it was off to the Barney's house for a DELICIOUS Easter dinner and another egg hunt for the kiddos.
It is a exactly a week after Easter and we are still living off candy.
SO. MUCH. SUGAR!

Now that my kids are getting a little older, I really tried to incorporate the 'reason for the season' into our Easter. I hope it really sunk in and that my kids gained some sort of deeper appreciation for our Savior. I'll admit, that is something that I, as a mother, struggle with. I feel a constant urge to teach my children the scriptures and about the Gospel, but for some reason I can't find the right way, or the way that fits or feels right for MY family, but I still try. Tol & Addi are smart and I think they get more than I give them credit for, but I still feel we are too focused on the wrong things. Yadda yadda. Being a mom can be a tricky job...
Anyway, I do have a testimony that our Savior was Resurrected and that He lives. I am beyond grateful for this miraculous event that paved the way for me to live with Him alongside my family FOREVER and EVER. 
I love the peace that comes from having this knowledge.

Hope you all had a HAPPY EASTER!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Oh that last picture is killing me. Cuties.