4.29.2011

Royal Wedding Breakfast


I had been thinking about having a little get-together to celebrate such a GIRLY occasion with a bunch of girlys- but I procrastinated. The day before the BIG DAY, I was doing a friends' hair who insisted it wasn't too late to throw something together. So that's what we did- we threw it together.
Everyone contributed by bringing something delicious and breakfast-y. Well, everyone except me; I burned the steel-cut oats, unfortunately. Especially if you've smelled burned steel-cut oats- it smells like gross popcorn, oddly enough. 
Despite the smell, we had a great time. It was so adorable watching the cutest little girls watching a "real life PRINCESS" get married. They were all LOVING IT! But I think their mom's liked it a little more. And yes, a few tears were shed. What can I say, we were touched. I loved watching Prince William- he looked so smitten with his new Bride.
The whole thing was absolutely beautiful and I'm glad I could experience it with my friends who share my passion ;)

*Sorry about the poor picture quality. My camera is officially dead, so I took pictures with Carolyn's camera and I had it on the wrong setting. Lame.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Super fun morning! Thanks for hosting, we'll have to try again because I still need to have your steel-cut oats

Carolyn Hanson said...

Ditto on the steel-cut oats!

Raquel said...

Gag. Fun party ugly me.
See I found it just fine.