4.30.2010

"I don't want to turn green!"

Little miss Addi has been attached to her binki since she came out of the womb.  That girl LOVED the bink... and I did, too.  It was so nice to shove it in her mouth to solve ANY major issue or meltdown.  It did the trick like nothing else.So the big question around here was How in the world are we going to ween Addi from her BFF? I'd heard a bunch of advice on how to go about it and was gearing myself up for the few days or week (or whatever) of HELL!
Meanwhile, Addi is almost as obsessed with the song POPULAR from WICKED as she is with the binki.  One day Addi wanted to see Popular on the computer.  So as we watched it on youTube, Addi looked so distraught.  I asked her what was wrong and this is how the conversation went:

A:  Why is popular green?
M:  She came out of her mommy's tummy that color.
A:  (obviously not satisfied with my answer0 What did she suck on?
M: (having no idea what she was talking about) She sucked on a bink.
A:  SHE DID?!!  Did a bink turn her green?!
M:  (having no clue where this is all coming from) Yep- I think so.

 Addi seriously hasn't touched a binki since!  In fact, I use it against her now.  Like when she's throwing a tantrum I tell her that I'm gonna give her a binki if she doesn't stop.  It's hilarious- she is terrified of turning green!  
So where did she get this idea that sucking on something would turn someone green?  Earlier that week Addi was watching Pinocchio with my mom and was freaked out when he turned green from "sucking on" a cigar.


She now thinks that anything green (frogs, SHRECK, etc.) got that way from sucking on a binki.  Hey, whatever works.  

7 comments:

Foster Mom said...

That's really funny! Audrey wants to know if she can play with Tol before you guys move...we are having a birthday party for her on Wed, the 9th at noon in Holladay and we would love it if you guys could come.Call me after you get this and let me know if that would work.

Rachel Lovato said...

Great story Jami. Hillarious! I guess I never realized how many people are "green"! LOL!

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

That is hilarious! What a cute girl! I miss you guys!

Angie&Blake said...

LOL! Love that story. It ain't easy bein' green! ;oD

Emily said...

hahaha i love it...

J.E. said...

Ummmm, can we trade paci situations? Both my wee ones have one and I am dreading taking it away. I wouldn't take Michael Rose's away so early if I knew it there would be no problem. But how do I take just Finn's away? He'll just take it out of her mouth. Anyway, the pacifier saga continues...
Maybe i should have him start watching 'Popular'. Ha hahha,
Congrats on being paci-free!

Janessa Taylor said...

That is so funny! I'll keep this in mind if my new baby has a binki addiction :) Claire never did so I'm scared this one will be different!