1.28.2010

Please PRAY for my mom

Not really up for going into all the details but I feel it's important that I get this out there, for my mom's sake.
A while back she was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease called mixed connective tissue disease. One of the major complications that can occur in patients with this is the loss of lung function. We've known this all along, but were hoping that if it happened, it wouldn't be for a while.
Her amazing doctors ran the lung function tests on her last November and the results showed her lungs were operating on the "low end of normal." The doctors ran the same tests again this past week and the results weren't good. In fact, her pulmonologist's words were that her Interstitial Lung Disease is moving "remarkably fast."
She is on a few different medications, including a very high dose of prednisone and constant oxygen.
The damage to her lungs can't be reversed, but the hope is that the rapid digression will slow waaay down and that she will feel better. She has felt so sick!
We are having a fast for her this Sunday, which will actually begin Saturday night @ 8 pm. My family would be so grateful and appreciative for you to join us.
We know our Heavenly Father can work miracles through our faith, and that is what we're praying for- a miracle.
Bold

10 comments:

jennie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Shar! We will be fasting and praying for her.

Alicia said...

Oh Jami--
She (and your family) are in our prayers. Let me know if you need anything else. I'm serious.

Kaiti said...

Jame. I love all you Nelson's so much. Your mom has been in my thoughts a lot lately and I will continue praying for her and hope she can get some relief. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. Love you

mj said...

we will absolutely fast and pray. this breaks my heart.

Scarlett said...

I'm so sorry! What a hard thing to see your mom to go through. We will also fast and pray for her. Good luck!

Foster Mom said...

Jami-that is horrible news...I'm so sorry she has to go through this, and I can't imagine how you're feeling! We will be praying for her.

President & Sister Smith said...

Jamie, we love your Mom and Dad, and I specifically remember when your Mom and Dad fasted for my recovery from Cancer. I will join in with all of you in fasting and prayer. I know that our Heavenly Father is mindful of all of you. We love you.

Lamb Fam said...

Thank you so much everyone! I can't tell you how much your prayers and support mean to me and my family. Love you all!

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

Jamie I am so sorry about your mom. We will continue to keep her and your family in our prayers.

Elizabeth Gwen Originals said...

Hi, I just found your sweet blog and I read about your mom. I am so sorry, we will keep her in our prayers. You have a beautiful family :)

Take care,

Liz