10.01.2009

Single Ladies

Addison and I have a simple bedtime routine. Her room, lights off (with a tiny bit of light from the night-light), sitting in her chair with her snuggled on my lap. We say prayers then sing songs. I LOVE this time with my baby girl.
We usually sing songs like "TWINKLE," "BELLS," and "POPCORN."
Tonight, after listening to her saying her cute, 2 year old prayer, I asked her what she wanted to sing. She said, "The oh oh oh song," while flipping her hand back and forth. Translation: "Single Ladies" by Beyonce- and if you've seen the music video or last weeks episode of 'glee,' you'll get the hand flipping.
So there we were, in the described setting, singing (in a Lullaby-type voice), "All you single ladies All you single ladies... If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it..."

Just another tender, mother/daughter moment.

7 comments:

the bates motel said...

girls are so freakin cute. what a fun mom/daughter moment!

Erica said...

Love it...

Rachel Lovato said...

That is so sweet, and funny. I hope one day you can get her on film singing this as I would love to see it!

Kristen said...

That is the funniest thing ever. I love her! And I love that you are watching glee. That show is hilarious. You posted this in the middle of the night. Don't think that went un-noticed.

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ha!! I love it!! I never told you.... Last time I watched the kiddos, I was watching the VH1 diva show during their nap. Tol came down right during Beyonce's performance, I felt guilty cause Tol wanted to keep rewinding it cause he liked the song. I 'accidently' changed the channel because it was all these girls dancing in almost nothing!!!

Janessa Taylor said...

That's hilarious!! Do you watch GLEE??? I LOVE it!! They have a whole episode pretty much dedicated to that song...you can catch it on hulu: http://www.hulu.com/watch/96626/glee-preggers?c=Comedy#x-0,vepisode,1