5.06.2009

LAST DAY of CLASS!!!!


Here he is. Dave on his way to his VERY LAST DAY of Medical School. HOLY COW! It seemed like this day would NEVER come.
In some ways, the last 4 years have FLOWN BY, but of course, in ways it couldn't have CREPT BY any slower.
Both Dave and I are a little numb about this monumental occasion. It'll probably sink in after graduation, which doesn't take place for another couple weeks.
Dave is experiencing many different emotions. Excitement about being done, apprehension/dread about the next year, and feeling the weight of responsibility of having a job, providing for a family and having real patients depending on him for good health care. But don't take this wrong, we are both thrilled to have made it this far and are looking forward to our new adventure called RESIDENCY!!... and we're looking forward to the next 5ish weeks UNTIL residency begins!

6 comments:

Scarlett said...

Wow! What an exciting day for you and Dave! Love that you took a pic of him! So cute! Good luck in the next phase of this chapter in life!

Amber Burt said...

What an accomplishment for Dave! We need to plan a graduation party for him.

Alicia said...

Congrats Dave!! And well done Jami for being so cute and supportive. Have I told you lately how happy I am you guys married each other? Two of my favorite people.

Unknown said...

Congratulations you big lug. The Nike Squadron Supreme took a hit from the League of Hemorrhoid, Hicks, and Bonner.

Just kidding. I was joking about the Web Sheriff stuff, I just wanted to dis Coe a little bit. (Just for old times sake).

I'm proud of you, dude.

Now can you prescribe me some damned oxycontin? I've waited long enough!! I got that itch, man!! The itch!!

Ryan said...

This post left out one anxiety...the legions of bloodthirsty, ambulance chasing trial lawyers looking for reasons to make your life hell.

Congratulations, and I hope to see you soon, Dave. Hope to see you soon.

kristi and family said...

congrats DAVE.. you are going to make the BEST doctor... you are amazing....