10.23.2011

Last day of Summer

The day before school started we had an "End of Summer" family night @ Chester Woods. It sounds all great and cheery and for the most part it was, but let's be honest, 4 of us on a paddle boat in the middle of a lake is a little much. 
Between bumping into trees and playing musical chairs I was a nervous wreck; I thought for sure we were gonna end up swimming. But we didn't and it was a great little family adventure.
After, we went to our 'Back to School dinner' at Pannekoeken (we let the kids' choose the place). The kids love it there because when you order a 'pannekoeken' the waitress brings it to your table in a full sprint while singing "pannekoeken, pannekoeken." It's weird.
Then we went home and Dave gave both kids Priesthood Blessings. Can I just say I love to hear Dave give blessings? If you've heard him give a blessing, or even say a prayer, you know what I mean. He's so eloquent with his words and it invites an awesome spirit.
SO all in all it was a great night and the perfect way, in the not-so-perfect kind of way, to spend our last day of Summer.


f











Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kam Belly Soup said...

life jackets on little ones are so funny.

Scarlett said...

So glad you didn't have to go swimming! That would have made me a nervous wreck, too!

I also love to hear Brad give Kassi blessings. What a great thing it is to have a priesthood holder in the home.

Carolyn Hanson said...

What a fun day! The way you tell it, your boat adventure sounds hilarious! Glad you didn't have to swim. And I agree, the pannekuken thing is weird, but tasty:)

Kelly E. said...

YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!! WHAT A BABE! I miss your cute kiddos too!

Kelly E. said...

YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL! Miss you and your cute kiddos!