6.17.2010

6 years old!

 Tolman had a BIRTHDAY
that lasted at least a week.  It was celebration after celebration-
just as it should have been!!!

First up was the FAMILY FIESTA where we had a YUMMY dinner, cake & ice cream and of course, PRESENTS!!  My mom made the chocolate cake from scratch and it did not disappoint!  I was slacking and the only pic I got from that entire night was Tol blowing out his candles, so ENJOY :)

* FRIEND LUAU *

HOLY CRAP! is all I can say about this party.  It was one out of control afternoon!  We had about 20 kids there which I was not expecting.  We did send out invites but it turns out that Tol spread the word to EVERY child in the neighborhood- invite or not!  We just improvised to accommodate everyone.
We played DUCK DUCK GOOSE, broke open a PINATA, had a PRESENT EXCHANGE, and topped off the party with HAWAIIAN CUPCAKES & SLUSHIES!  The after-partiers took a plunge in the splash pool!
 
In lieu of gifts for the Birthday Boy, everyone brought a small gift to exchange with the other kids BUT, we did request they bring a key (used or new) for Tol's BIRTHDAY KEYCHAIN!  He got a bunch of super cool keys that together made one AWESOME set of BIRTHDAY KEYS!  My contribution was the FORD key ring and a bunch of curly ribbon (that he quickly removed).  And without a doubt this was his very favorite present!  Thanks everyone!

JUNE 17th- the actual day
BIRTHDAY WAFFLES.  If you're thinking that they look a little discolored, you're right.  Tol's favorite part of waffles is the food coloring.  My mom, Addi and I sang to him (since everyone else was gone) and Tol blew out the candles on his waffle.  He thought it was pretty funny.  What can I say?


 Then that night it was
PRESENTS FROM MOM & DAD and dinner at
the OLD SPAGHETTI FACTORY- Tol's FAVORITE restaurant. 

Tol is one pretty amazing little dude who definitely keeps me on my toes.  He is VERY passionate about the things he LOVES & even more passionate about the things he HATES.  He is smart, silly and WISE.  He loves to LEARN about new things and EXPLORE new places.  He knows more about cars than most EVER learn in a lifetime and he knows more about geography than anyone knows at 6!  He is very inquisitive and constantly asks adult-like questions.  He is messy and slobby and HATES to clean his room.  He loves having people around him.  He doesn't like attention but likes to be noticed.  He has the cutest freckled nose and toothless grin around!  He is BUSY BUSY BUSY during the day but CRASHES at night.  There's never been a better sleeper.  He still sucks on his bear (AKA "Nasty")  and I'm secretly happy that my baby boy is still in there.
Tol is sweet, caring, and sensitive to others.  He loves HUGS & KISSES from his mama :) and I hope that never changes.  He is my LOVE and my JOY and I'm so lucky to be his MOM!
I love you my little dude!  Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I can't believe you have a six year old. You're old. (But hott.)

Scarlett said...

Where does the time go? Seriously. I remember when I saw you at the hospital when Kristen was having Collin and your were prego. That seems like yesterday.

Glad your move went ok. Can't wait to hear about all your new adventures!

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

Oh, Happy Belated Birthday to Tol! I can't believe he is six! We miss seeing him every day! We miss you guys a lot! I hope you are settling in well there in Minnesota!