9.17.2009

State Fair '09

So the goal this year was to take pictures of all the crazys that frequent the fair. It seems like an easy enough (and not to mention FUNNY) objective, but with 2 silly kids who love to run around- weaving in and out of fellow fair-ers, it wasn't.

However, I did get a few:


This is the 'hair dad.' I never actually talked to him so I don't know he is actually a father to the kids he was with, but by the way they were all acting, pretty sure he's the father figure. How'd you like seeing that at parent/teacher conference?


'Plumber Baby'
At least its a cute little baby bum and not a nasty grown up crack (we saw a few of those, too).


'Shark Man'
This was HILARIOUS! There was a shark exhibit this year with a little information area. This area had a bunch of shark memorabilia including a divers cage (not really sure if they're even called that). So we see this guy in the cage and assume he works there. WRONG! He was stuck in there! He got in just fine, but somehow couldn't get out. I'm a jerk- but funny, right? He seemed like a nice enough guy, but he was using some CHOICE words to express his dismay with the situation. I probably would have done the same thing. Some other guy tried to help by giving him a chair in hopes he could climb out, but no such luck. And if you take note, the bars aren't THAT far apart. Reason enough to not drink a lot of beer. Finally, with some tips (or just common sense) from yours truly, he was freed to enjoy more than just the sharks.

I didn't get this on film, but it goes to show how dehumanizing and unethical the fair can be. I was so shocked and amazed by the experience that all I could do was laugh.
Italic

And here is the cutest part of the fair: little Lainey and Addison.

Thanks Harmons for a fun and people watching filled night.

1 comment:

Middle Age Moments said...

So hysterical! I haven't been to the fair for years and years, and every year I say I'm going to go. Oh well. I'll enjoy through you. and way to rescue shark stuck man! He looks so happy! PS your kiddos are so adorable and EASY! We have had so much fun! They were pretty worn out. What am I going to do when you're gone? I can't think about it yet. Love you!